Kids in the City
Get the latest looks, treats and toys for your little ones and those young-at-heart.
1. At Gymalaya, a gymnastics club geared towards children, your kids can tumble and roll in a safe, supportive environment. Using state-of-the-art equipment and a stimulating curriculum designed for a fun experience, your children will build physical, mental and social skills. www.gymalaya.com
2. Sure, bikes and rollerblades are all great fun, but only the Wiggle Racer utilizes the power of a jiggle. Suitable for boys and girls of all ages, this sleek little ride requires no batteries or fuel. www,wiggleracer.com
3. The look of these quirky little figures may make you smile, but after pressing their bellies, you’ll be giggling. The bulging eyes of the Pop Eyes Toys literally pop out of their head after a quick squeeze! www.chapters.indigo.ca
4. Kids certainly love a treat, that’s for sure. A great dessert or light snack, throw nutrition in the mix with these chocolate-coated, sprinkle-covered apples from Strawberry Lane. www.strawberrylane.ca
5. With a signature plaid pattern giving them a trendy look, these Burberry Boys hi-tops will have your little man hitting the streets in style; perfect for playing in the schoolyard or just for casual wear. www.designerkidswear.ca
6. There’s no use crying over spilt milk, especially if it’s just a bowl. This flexible silicone-made cereal bowl looks like a mess waiting to happen, but its soft yet sturdy design means it’s virtually unbreakable. www.worldwidefred.com
7. For a novel and adorable way of capturing your child’s birthday, Picture Perfect Designs’ Cake Smash photos display your little one, frame-by-frame, frolicking in frosting – a genuinely unique way to remember that special day. www.pictureperfectdesigns.org
8. It’s time to give back. With every purchase of the Limited Edition Haiti timepiece from Toy Watch, you’ll be supporting Free the Children’s Adopt a Village Community in Haiti. www.toywatchcanada.com/ftc, www.freethechildren.org, www.weday.com
9. There are numerous ways to express appreciation or wish a happy birthday, but none are quite as delicious or delightful as a cookie bouquet from The Cookie Messenger. www.cookiemessenger.com
10. Enter the digital world of Adam’s Amazing Dream with this charming app for smartphones and tablets. This first story from a coming series introduces Adam, his guardian angel Uncle Bono, and a special surprise. For children aged 3 – 5.